editors

C.M. Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Thu Nov 1 12:20:58 EDT 2007

"John Heim" <jheim at math.wisc.edu> writes:

> You said the easiest way so that would be stopping speakup before you run
> emacspeak. I think you can just  push the printscreen key and you don't have
> to unload the driver.

Yes, this is completely true.  Emacspeak and Speakup play nicely
together.  I run Emacspeak in one virtual terminal, and all the rest
use Speakup.
The nice thing about the print-screen key is that it only disables
Speakup in the current VT.

You wrote another message in this thread which I'll respond to
below...

> One thing bad about linux editorsYou have to learn them. I can switch from
> notepad to TextPad to UltraEdit without having to figure out what keystrokes

If you learn them, then you reap the reward of increased
productivity, IMHO.

-- Chris