Question about devil-linux

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed May 30 20:55:07 EDT 2007

It somewhat depends on what you mean by headless.  If you mean no
monitor, no keyboard, no problem I run it that way on my servers all
the time.  If you mean no video card that's another issue because
speakup uses video memory to provide review functions.  On the other
hand if you are running without a video card then you don't need
speakup at all so it is a moot point.

When I run without a keyboard because I almost never use a monitor you
just turn off speakup before unplugging and back on when replugging.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061