Question about devil-linux

Jeremy l84ad8r at gmail.com
Thu May 31 02:06:47 EDT 2007

So, does that mean that speakup comes as part of the kernel of
devil-linux? I know nothing about compiling kernels or even the
complexities of how all of it works, but, as I said, I just wanted to
play around with it. I have used speakup along with a doubletalk lt
on debian and did not have any problems throughout the install, so,
will it be that easy with dl? Can I just put in the cd, type the
normal speakup_synth=ltlk thing and get speach? If I could use
speakup to get it going, that would certainly be better than
headless, but, I did not think that you could get devil-linux with
speakup support. I did read that it could be headless after the
install but was hoping that I could somehow have speech before that
point, to get it going at least. I did join the mailing list and
asked the same question there, and have gotten several different
answers, from, yes, you  can have a headless installation, to, no you
can't, to, you can only have a headless devil-linux box after you
install it. I am quite new at this and may even get myself into
something I was not looking for, but, figured it was worth a try. Any
more help or ideas on how to get this crazy thing going would be wonderful.
Thanks for getting back.
Jeremy