Debian install with Software Speech?

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Sun May 27 03:21:50 EDT 2007

    ZK> Hiya, I don't have access to a hardware speech synthesizer, and
    ZK> so was wondering what the options are for me to get a Debian
    ZK> install. I know that Gentoo can run SSHD, and let me do the
    ZK> install manually with another machine, but Deebian doesn't seem
    ZK> to do this. Does anybody have any advice?
Hi,

I'm not sure if I good understand but if you need install Debian then
you have several possibilities:

- netinst

this Debian installation image offer you install with brltty support.
You need only say in prompt on beginning of installation:

install brltty

This image you can find on debian.org

- bootstrap

You can install on Debian another Debian to same or other disk on same
machine or on some mounted FS. The package called debootstrap. See a man
page.

- live CD

You can use some speaking live cd based on Debian and the install with
debootstrap or copy the live CD.

Best.

--

Jan Buchal