grml spelling issues

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Mar 18 18:45:10 EDT 2007

* Hynek Hanke <hanke at brailcom.org> wrote:
> Michael Prokop pí?e v Ne 18. 03. 2007 v 15:59 +0100:

>> "I however find Espeak does not sound quite as clear to me.  I like
>> the current synthesizer that is being used."
>> What benefit would espeak bring compared to eflite?

> Compared to eFlite, eSpeak is a multi-lingual synthesizer.
> Although the quality of languages is very variable, it is possible to
> use it for MANY languages in a way that it is understandable (useful).
> The span is even wider than documented, because for example for Czech it
> is possible to use it with the Polish voice and understand it. I believe
> this is the case for other close languages too. And I'm amazed on how
> fast voices for new languages are being added, although of only basic
> quality. eFlite is nowhere near this...

Ok, thanks.

>> Disclaimer: I can't promise anything regarding adding espeak. We are
>> running out of space so the ISO fits within 700MB on grml always...

> If necessary for disk space reasons, I highly recommend dropping Flite
> in favor of eSpeak.

Ok. When I'm removing libflite1, besides flite and eflite also
brltty-flite and speech-dispatcher will disappear. This would bring
me >15MB of disk space whereas espeak needs only 1200kB at total, so
definitely appreciated from my side.

But I've to take a look at espeak and its configuration first of
all. Any help and feedback regarding espeak's configuration on grml
is highly welcome.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins