Fedora 6 and Speakup on New Thinkpad

Maurice Mines mmines at mines-family.net
Sat Mar 10 19:43:21 EST 2007

Dawes, Stephen wrote:
> Beth,
>
> Have you thought of running Linux as a virtual machine on your laptop
> instead of a duel boot.
> There are a few out there doing just this with VMWare with success.
>
> In this way, you can also have a number of instances of both
> distributions and configurations to choose from and at the same time get
> around the duel boot issue.
>

> Steve Dawes
> Phone: (403) 268-5527
> Email: SDawes at calgary.ca
>

> NOTICE -
> This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and co-operation.

    I have just a question about using VM waiter on Iraq tops or for
that matter a desktop, how does a blind person you even go about
configuring this to be used?
And how do you get speech to the virtual console?
As far as having to attempt to dual-boot and machine, it seems that
someone should really about serious effort into writing a USB driver at
it has been noted on this list before the days of a serial ports, are
just numbered much like attempting to find a machine with a serial port
and realizing that the only way to get it if either getting an old
machine or special ordering a new one and really paying for it.
Just my two cents worth.
Maurice Mayans
NFB of Colorado assistant newsline coordinator, also cultural
Association of blind students a member
just FYI this e-mail message has been written using Dragon version 9.5.