Software speech opinions

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Jun 25 01:03:14 EDT 2007

Doug Sutherland wrote:
> Since the work is done by grants, that is also a way to
> keep prices jacked up.

     As long as they're doing it for money, barter, or any other kind of
payment, we'll lose.  If businesses had any compassion, they could run
off a few special assistive products just for the hell of it, not to
make money, but just to be compassionate.  It's the people who
absolutely have to make a business out of it, profitable or non-profit,
that are screwing us.  To *stay* in business, they have to inflate the
price.  We could all convert to communism, but hello, the government is
already confiscating the money to pay for our needs anyway.  What's the
difference?  I don't like it, but there's no other choice.  Life blows
chunks. <laughs>

        Michael