[ot] Windows programming

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Jun 21 23:37:41 EDT 2007

Another option for a development environment is microsoft's windows
services for unix:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=896C9688-601B-44F1-81A4-02878FF11778&displaylang=en

If you want to use an ide, which uses mingw as the compiler, check out
dev-c++:

http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html

It's fairly accessible with wineyes, a bit more so after I created a set
file and key label dictionary for it.

As for a win32 tutorial, I found:

http://winprog.org/tutorial/

to be useful.

Since we're discussing this on here, does anyone know of anything for
c/c++ that would abstract the win32 api a bit more, so it wouldn't be
such a chore to program for it, making it a bit easier to write win32
applications? Thanks.

Greg