Speech-dispatcher, Festival and Flite

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Sat Jun 2 16:40:02 EDT 2007

Hi,
this evening I tried to add Festival and Flite to my SD modules.
In both cases I failed. Festival wants the Festival server, that's
installed on my Ubuntu machine. But when I start SD, I get the message
that a file named speech-dispatcher.scm was not found. Which file? Where
to get or how to create?
Flite runs over OSS, but for better results it was recommended to
install NAS. Since I don't know the program I didn't install. Is it
useful, and is it easy to handle? I could use Flite with OSS, but that
device blocks other sound applications, such as music and video players,
so I don't like it.
Any tips and hints?
Hermann