some comments on the speakup-modified fedora install howto

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 20 09:59:01 EDT 2007

Thanks, Gregg. Good catch on TripleTalk and the typo. Much appreciated.

FYI: The completed installation, once booted, does offer ssh but not
telnet. The default condition of the installed F-7 is that only port 22
is open requiring the root passwd supplied during the install.

As for the insecurity of telnet as an installation protocol, that's
true, of course. Were we to take this up as a discussion point, I guess
I'd argue that the exposure is short-lived and minimal, and therefore
acceptable in most situations.

Janina