FATAL: Error inserting speakup_sftsyn (/lib/modules/2.6.18speakup/kernel/drivers/char/speakup/speakup_sftsyn.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 24 11:09:09 EST 2007

Well,  I am not aware of how the debian kernels compile exactly but
what you show looks okay.  The problem is there was no output from the
checkout script to tell if the scripts in fact patched without any
failed parts or hunks.  I can only guess but you should have received
a bunch of output from the checkout script which the only important
bits are the bottom dozen or so lines.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061