FATAL: Error inserting speakup_sftsyn (/lib/modules/2.6.18speakup/kernel/drivers/char/speakup/speakup_sftsyn.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Wed Jan 24 10:37:42 EST 2007

    KR> Hi Jan: Based on that output I'd say that the patching portion
    KR> of the checkout failed. At least, part of it failed but those
    KR> symbols indicate it was a lot more than just one patch part.
Hi Kirk,

maybe, but I'm not sure. I tried three version of cvs speakup snapshot,
1-st august, 1-st September and 1-st October. All checkouts finished OK
and compilation of kernel too. Here are my steps:

- cd linux
- ../checkout
- make-kpkg --initrd --append_to_version speakup kernel_image

If it not works then:

- rm /usr/src/linux/debian/
- rm /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/speakup/ -rf

and again checkout, make-kpkg ...

The result was identical in every version.

Thanks.

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008