FATAL: Error inserting speakup_sftsyn (/lib/modules/2.6.18speakup/kernel/drivers/char/speakup/speakup_sftsyn.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Wed Jan 24 15:44:31 EST 2007

    KR> Well, I am not aware of how the debian kernels compile exactly
    KR> but what you show looks okay. The problem is there was no output
    KR> from the checkout script to tell if the scripts in fact patched
    KR> without any failed parts or hunks. I can only guess but you
    KR> should have received a bunch of output from the checkout script
    KR> which the only important bits are the bottom dozen or so lines.
Right. Here is the output:
homer:/usr/src/linux# ../checkout
Patching version v26
CVSROOT not set.  Enter it below.  Hit enter for anonymous.
CVSROOT>
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at linux-speakup.org:2401/usr/src/CVS

[....]

Creating .orig files [] done.
Patching files [ppp1 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/keyboard.c.rej
pp1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/vt.c.rej
ppppp] done.
Copying files [cccccc] done.
homer:/usr/src/linux#

Thanks.