debian distros with speech?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri Jan 12 22:42:23 EST 2007

Hi all,
Recently someone posted indicating that debian does not come directly with
speakup included in the distribution.
I understand that there other locations from where you can download a
debian distribution containing speak up even if not the most recent Kernel

  Is the same the case for Orca?
and or is it possible to find  or even create a debian package that has
both screen readers?
Forgive me if this is a strange question.  I am wanting to be certain the
distribution I get has speech and recall from reading other posts that
this is not quite as easy as it might seem.

Karen