getkeys scripts question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Jan 2 15:45:41 EST 2007

I'm spending some of my vacation time writing a debian getkeys script.
What it does is to go out on the web and import keys so that unofficial
debian sites with packages can have packages downloaded and have their
contents verified later.  The marillat repository was replaced by
debian-multimedia.org and I have the getkeys code in the script for that
particular repository.  A question I have is what additional repositories
do others using debian like for package downloads?  I can add their code
to the script and then see if it will be possible to contribute to the
speakup goodies collection.  Other distributions of Linux also have their
own unofficial repositories where extra packages may be downloaded that
weren't shipped with the distribution and are not available from its
creators too.  I found an old getkeys script I had written for fedora back
when FC3 was current on one of my disks. If there was some way using a
shell script to get the name of the distro loaded into a variable, I might
be able to make one getkeys script and have it work for each of the
speakup-enabled distributions now available.  I know debian fedora and
slackware all have unofficial packages so far.