READING PDF IN GRML QUERY

Doug Smith bdsmith at oralux.org
Wed Feb 28 21:36:55 EST 2007

Well, the only thing about all that is that you have to have the
livecd distribution installed on a hard drive, or, guess what, you'll
be unpleasantly surprised when those extra programs get installed into
virtual directories, held in RAM, and ultimately, bring your system to
a crashing halt.

I found this out a few days ago, before I had permission to install
this GRML onto my friend's computer, the one I am currently using,
while I look to buy a new one.  I installed a few programs, thinkking
that they would be installed on the drive.  Wow!  Was I totally
shocked.  You could have knocked me off my bed here when I saw what
happened.  Those programs stopped my system from working and I had to
reboot, losing them all.

The best thing you can do there is to use  grml2hd to save yourself
this problem by installing on the hard drive.

Hope this help[s.
--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)