getting started with linux

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:03:21 EDT 2007

If you miss out on that machine, and need to bid on another one, if I were
you, I wouldn't worry too much about it not being compatible with linux. Any
PC that is a year old or older  is probably going to work. It's mostly very
new hardware that isn't supported -- yet.

I guess it would be a huge bummer to get a machine and have it turn out to
be one of the very few that is not supported. But you're probably more
likely to get a defective machine off ebay than you are to get one that has
an unsupported sound card.