getting started with linux

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:51:32 EDT 2007

Hi,
Just a couple more questions:
How do I setup the soundcard so I here sound through it once I have
installed linux?
Also will I have to download a linux distribution and install that. Then
install speakup? When speakup is working can I get it to talk through my
speakers? If so what synth would it use. Like jaws can talk through my
speakers can speakup do this or do I need a hardware synth?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Dalton