Unable to use espeak with orca

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:33:42 EDT 2007

Hello,
    Orca doesn't have an 'espeak' module for speech synthesis, as I recall.
What it does have is a Gnome Speech module.  Gnome Speech in turn hooks into
Speech Dispatcher, which hooks into Espeak.
Now, I have had no difficulties with Orca forgetting any preferences of
mine--it uses Espeak just fine.
Hope this is helpful,
Zack.