Unable to use espeak with orca

Guy Schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Sun Apr 29 19:11:20 EDT 2007

Zack, how did you get your Orca running with Espeak?  Did you use the
backend for speech-dispatcher?  If so, where did you put the .py file
that you have to download?  I got ubuntu installed, and Orca is
running, but doesn't seem as responsive as it should be.  If you or
anyone know how to get the experimental backend running, please let
me know.  There might even be an update to it now, the docs on it are
still from last summer some time.  Thanks much in advance for the help.

Later,

Guy
P.S.  If I have to go through gnomespeech, how can I play system
sounds and music files at the same time?