command line option in speakup to change synthisizer options

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Apr 21 16:33:37 EDT 2007

Hi, One thing I have found is it is not possible to type for example at
the boot prompt of a live CD or in lilo linux speakup_synth=dectlk
speakup_rate=0 and other such options even if speakup is built into the
kernel or as a module option.  The reason I bring this up is I like my
dectalk express at rate 0 as the default rate that is set in speakup is a
little faster then I can handle.  This is why it would be nice to be able
to set these at load time not after booting threw either proc or the
speakup review keys.  It could also be a configuration option in the
kernel configuration when building speakup.