question on debian etch speakup net installation

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Apr 21 14:31:06 EDT 2007

Hi, I am going to need to reinstall debian etch and am downloading the net
installation image.  Does this installation support installation using
software speech or just hardware speech and does it add
people.debian.org/~shane to the /etc/apt/sources.list file or will I need
to readd that line myself once I get debian reinstalled?  What version of
the kernel are you using on this net installation CD as I have a dectalk
express and am aware of the bugs in 2.6.20 until the latest fixes that is
why I am wondering what kernel version is in the netinstallation CD.  I
also want to try to install etch on my laptop that has no serian port so
that is why I am wondering of software speech during the installation as
no information is in the readme file about this.