wine and speakup

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Sun Apr 15 16:40:50 EDT 2007

Hi

Isn't echolinux available anymore?

73

Gena
-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca
[mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca] On Behalf Of Chris Schulte
Sent: 15 April 2007 21:32
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Subject: wine and speakup

Hi all,

I'm going to be getting a junker system in august, and the only reason
that I'm taking it is because the price, (free) is right.  I want to run
Linux on it as it's probably going to be the best os for the hardware
that the computer will have in it.  One of the things that I want to do
is run an echo link interface to the local ham radio repeater here in
Muskegon.  On the web site for echo link, the only mention of the
software running with Linux is by using wine.  Now I'm not the brightest
bulb in the box, but I'm thinking that wine is some sort of graphical
program.  Is this the case, and if it is, does speakup or any speech
software for that matter read this particular program at all?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Schulte