wine and speakup

Chris Schulte cschul02 at baker.edu
Sun Apr 15 16:32:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm going to be getting a junker system in august, and the only reason that
I'm taking it is because the price, (free) is right.  I want to run Linux on
it as it's probably going to be the best os for the hardware that the
computer will have in it.  One of the things that I want to do is run an
echo link interface to the local ham radio repeater here in Muskegon.  On
the web site for echo link, the only mention of the software running with
Linux is by using wine.  Now I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I'm
thinking that wine is some sort of graphical program.  Is this the case, and
if it is, does speakup or any speech software for that matter read this
particular program at all?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Schulte