wine and speakup

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Apr 15 16:41:45 EDT 2007

Wine is an emulator of sorts which allows you to run windblows-based
programs. It does this by using freely (as in no cost) available dlls
that come with internet exploder. You do need x to use wine. The
reason I say it's an emulator of sorts, is because you don't install a
version of windows on it like you do on a virtual machine, wine is
windows, if that makes sense. The whole point of wine is to run
windows software, without having to install a copy of windows, and
worry about the licensing that doing so entails. You can find out more
about wine at:

http://www.winehq.org

Hth.

Greg