Thinkpad Saga Continues

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 12 23:51:35 EDT 2007

Re: Thinkpad Saga Continues
Hi Janina and all,

Unfortunately, Windows was in place when I first got the Thinkpad but I
had no way that I knew of at the time to break the partition that
contained Windows
in order to share it with Windows.  My friend who is  assisting me says
that she has gotten XP up and running and partitioned  half of the drive
now so
that I can use the other half of it for Linux.   I should get the
computer back tomorrow or Saturday, and then we'll see  what happens
when I try to install
again.

As for Speakup, I've noticed on my desktop machine, where I also use
the  Dectalk Express, that Speakup will suddenly stop reading when I'm
in the  middle
of reading such things as compiling Gnome-speech or when Yum  updates my
system.  It will be talking, then it suddenly stops talking,  I have to
refresh
the screen in order for it to start talking again.   Very strange indeed!

I suspect I'll be posting here again when I try and do the dual boot
thing, as I haven't done this before.<smile>

Thanks,

Beth