Thinkpad Saga Continues

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Thu Apr 12 23:14:37 EDT 2007

The strangest thing I found when installing Ubuntu Edgy Eft from the live CD
with sighted assistance  on my old machine was that even though I used the
screen reader option, Orca wouldn't speak at all before the installation,
but it came right up after I logged in after the reboot. It doesn't seem to
be running too bad for 256 mb of ram on a 1 gig processor. I haven't done a
lot with it yet though because of a bad spare keyboard that has letter keys
that stick together. I think I will replace it with a KVM switch because I
also got my wireless keyboard that is fairly new broken trying to reset it,
because I must've poked the recessed button wrong. I think now that it's
installed things will work fairly well once I replace Festival with Dec Talk
or something.