General questions from someone who's never used Speakup...

James Homuth james at the-jdh.com
Mon Sep 18 12:59:19 EDT 2006

I'm wondering, though, what kind of feedback overall I can expect
from it. I'm giving serious thought to getting into system
administration, yes, but if it's going to offer as much or, I guess,
as little feedback as programs like asap for DOS have, then it
probably isn't really worth my switching, and I'd likely be better
off sticking to administering linux systems as best I can remotely,
since I get more feedback that way. Also, how does it handle
environments wherein the text is constantly changing? IE an active
realtime communications medium. If I understand it correctly, it's
designed to stop speaking when you start typing... is there perhaps a
way that that can be changed, or at least temporarily disabled?
Questions like that I'd rather have answered before I start looking
for old computers to turn into experimental linux boxes.

James