General questions from someone who's never used Speakup...

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Sep 18 13:24:13 EDT 2006

Well James, 1 difference I notice is while reading mail or especially an index
in pine.  In windows with Jaws, the screen refreshes more actively, so the
display of the index has a more up2date count.  As where reading mail in pine
with speakup seems more responsive, but like I say, yo are reviewing the screen
differently.  1 nice thing is in speakup, you just use single keystrokes to
look around your current screen.
Otherwise, only things I really miss in this screen-reader are an exception
dictionary--and wanting to turn off numbers, so they are spoken as single
digits
Hart