gentoo after installation

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 6 22:55:03 EDT 2006

Yes I added gnome and xorg and would have done better to have left them
out.  Thanks much for the pointer I'll check this out in a few and see
what happens.  What would really be helpful for linux booting programs be
they lilo or grub or whatever replaces them would be a pair of pc speaker
beeps one to happen as the boot: command line becomes available and a
second to happen when the boot: command line is no longer available.
Alternatively the first might happen when keystrokes to enable a boot:
line will be accepted.  So far as I know not something already built into
either so it happens by default.