gentoo after installation

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 6 00:32:03 EDT 2006

I got gentoo installed and when I boot the computer it comes up and does a
short beep which I figure is gdm's login prompt.  I was able to use
speakup to install gentoo with installer but starting the computer up
after that so far hasn't been possible with speakup.  If there's a boot
prompt it seems to disappear too quickly so far.  I'll need to emerge
gnopernicus if I manage to get this up and onto the internet too.  I had
to do a networkless install since when I told installer to use eth0 and do
a dhcp install on verizon.net gentoo wasn't able to bring the network up.
I installed all that was possible to install on networkless install but
gnopernicus isn't on the livecd's and speakup might not be either except
for what's already in the kernel.  I saved the profile file I think that
the system made but can't tell for sure until I get access to that other
disk.  What's the best way to proceed from here?