An SMTP problem

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Sat Nov 25 16:49:11 EST 2006

Hi

I've been struggling for a while in trying to work out what's going on
with my sending of email.  I've had to switch platforms to send mail.
I'm been using msmtp for a while sending mail quite happily.  Without
upgrading or changing any configs, it breaks.  I see from a Google, that
send mail has a patch but I'm confused what's happened here.  Any ideas?

msmtp: SMTP server does not accept EHLO or HELO commands
msmtp: server message: 554 <localhost>: Helo command rejected: You are
not me
msmtp: could not send mail (account default from /home/gena/.msmtprc)

BTW:

I'm using mutt as my client.

Gena - Another GNU Linux user!

Tel: 01772 380039  Mobile: 07876 502276