Sleep functionality for Speakup with XWindow

Jim Grimsby JR. jimgrims at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 21 04:37:03 EST 2006

Hi another idea is if it could be done.  Have speakup in some way find the x
windows screen reader and start it.  Also if the x window screen reader
could talk to the speakup modgel.  So if you started speakup with a dectalk
express for example the screen reader would talk threw the dectalk express.
Also if you do not have access enabled speakup trying to start it would
cause it to be turned on.  Not sure if this is doable but it seems to me to
be more helpful then just speakup going to sleep.