Sleep functionality for Speakup with XWindow

Sean Murphy speakup at ats.net.au
Tue Nov 21 04:14:02 EST 2006

All.

I would like Speakup to go into a sleep mode when you switch to a XWindow console.  This sleep mode should tell speakup not intercept any keystrokes or speak.  Once you move back into the text console, speakup automatically comes alive.

This would resolve problems with key conflicts with XWindow screen readers and speakup trying to read XWindow screens.

I don't want to have to kill the module for Speakup everytime I have to go into XWindow.  Xwindow is an up coming option for everyone.  So lets put in the ability of doing this.

Sean