Sleep functionality for Speakup with XWindow

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue Nov 21 07:47:12 EST 2006

It would be better to have some of those features that Jim suggests, but for
just silencing speakup doing
echo none > /proc/speakup/synth_name
would work. I don't know if that would stop speakup intercepting keypresses,
may be someone can answer that.

Using speakup to control synths would be nice, but I don't like the idea
when a software synth is used in speakup, orca, speakup (possibly with a
driver bridging those), speechd-up, speech-dispatcher and then finally the
TTS, just seems too much to me.

From
Michael Whapples