startech serial card

randy turner rturner222 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 12 20:16:51 EST 2006

hi Greg,
i am trying to get speech up on a computer
that has no other serial ports or isa slot
i am using speakup.s for the bootup disk
  i am using an older litetalk
when i installed the card
i had a friend check to see if it was there using windows
it shows up as com 1
my question is does speakup.s
support a pci serial card in the speakup.s kernel?

i am using slackware
i have tried the install disk and the slackware cd
with the cd i type speakup.s speakup_synth=ltlk
when i install from the floppy i type
ramdisk speakup_synth=ltlk
my question is does speakup.s need another pci serial driver for this to
work?

they say that it should work in linux
but i have searched on google and looked at the cd that came with it
and can't find a linux driver for it.
have you used other pci serial cards??
if so what does the kernel need to support them?

thanks in advance
randy turner