Linux Programming

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 8 21:49:38 EST 2006

I am in no way able to discourse these programming details. However, I
would suggest that you disable se-linux, if you haven't already. Edit
/etc/sysconfig/selinux and reboot. You might similarly dismiss iptables,
though I don't really think it's implicated:

service iptables stop

Part of the job of both se-linux and iptables is to control who/what
gets access to who/what. So, the principal I'm recommending is to
eliminate the obvious filters first.

PS: Are you aware that the gui screen reader, orca, has speech enable
gaim?