Linux Programming (DecTalk)

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 08:39:50 EST 2006

Can you please provide me with the mknod values needed
for the DecTalk PC ISA card...
Since it didn't plug/play the DoubleTalk, I should be
ready with the proper values.

Another question:
Can I get someone to just send me the Compiled
start-up package for DecTalk ISA for Fedora Core 5?
I am hoping I'll be most impressed to see that work
the first time.
Unlike the smart design of the DoubleTalk, DecTalk
requires these external files be loaded into it, which
is a mixed blessing as far as I'm concerned.
I have also discovered it does indeed use more
conventional memory then I think it should.
DoubleTalk doesn't rob you of any conventional memory
whatsoever. But, I actually prefer the DecTalk voice,
DoubleTalk tens to slur just a tad, as excellent as it
is in many other respects.

//Rich//