Two Fedora thingies

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sat Nov 4 18:01:41 EST 2006

Howdy,

I'm having two somewhat annoying issues, the first more annoying than
the second. Would appreciate any help with these.

The first issue...Something's putting this output up, or something
similar to it, and I'm not sure what it is. It might have something to
do with postfix, but it might have something to do with something else
updating files? Not sure, exactly. But anyway, here's what I'm getting
on my consoles, especially with fetchmail running (hey, anyone know
how to set up global fetchmail?...it apparently isn't set up as a
service on FC6):

audit(1162680962.696:1800): avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=6800
comm="local" name="davros" dev=hdb2 ino=1245185
scontext=system_u:system_r:postfix_local_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:file_t:s0 tclass=dir

So, basically, what is it and how do I get it to go away?!

The second issue:

I installed FC6 with my Accent SA, then decided I wanted to use my
newly-repaired Doubletalk LT instead. So, I updated my
/boot/grub/grub.conf file, changing speakup_acntsa to speakup_ltlk and
creating a new initrd to include both drivers (in case I changed my
mind). Now, when I boot, my computer comes up looking for an Accent SA
instead of the Doubletalk LT, which means once I get logged in, I have
to change it manually. What step did I miss, or what did I do wrong?

Thanks,
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV: Executive In Training!
Independent Watkins Manager #361534

Shop our catalog of over 350 products for your home and health...and
check out \our fabulous 2006 Holiday Gift and Entertaining Line!
http://www.tastyshop.net
...And see how a Watkins business can improve your life in our free
Ebook: http://www.tastybiz.com