IBM TTS crashing with latest version of Dispatcher or speakd-up

Sean Murphy speakup at ats.net.au
Sat Nov 4 19:39:55 EST 2006

Hi All.

I am using edgy ubunto with Speakup and IBM TTS.  I am finding the IBM TTS is working for a short period of time.  EG: anything from 1 to 5 minutes before I lose speech.  If I use flight, the problem does not occur.  So I expect it is something to do with IBM TTS, dispatcher and Speak-up combination.  At this point of time I haven't found a solution and haven't found anything in the mail archives to help.

Any help would be greatful.

Sean