espeak and slackware

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Sun May 14 12:47:18 EDT 2006

You should have found the Makefile in the src directory, as that is where
the source code (the only bit that needs compiling). The line you edited
(the one containing -lportaudio) is the one, I think lflags was a short hand
used by Josh to refer to what that line is for. As far as I know, there is
only one version of espeak source code available (for each release).

If anyone gets stuck trying to compile this, don't forget there is the linux
binary version available, removing the need to compile espeak.

From
Michael Whapples