espeak and slackware

Lawrence Baggett baggett at euclid.Colorado.EDU
Sat May 13 17:02:51 EDT 2006

I have successfully installed espeak on my slackware 10.2 system, but what
I had to do doesn't quite conform to what Josh recommended.

The speakup source is a little from what I'm used to.  There is no
Makefile in the top directory, but there is one in the src subdirectory.
In that Makefile, I found no line like Josh suggested, i.e., one
containing the "lflags"
However, there was a line copntaining "-portaudio" and adding "-lpthread"
and then runing make did the trick.
Perhaps there are varying versions of espeak's source.

Good luck to any who try!

Larry