New Linux PDA For Blind People

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Wed Mar 29 16:40:56 EST 2006

Being able to add programs to the unit as desired is a *big* sale for
me.  I'd have bought the humanware device if they'd had let me do
that when it first came out.  FS had a nice unit, and although you
could force it to allow you to run your own stuff, it wasn't
supported, and even actively discouraged by fs.  But, since I'll
never buy an fs product if it can be avoided, that's not a problem
for me.  The visuaide unit would have been perfect if they had
included the palm reader app inside it, (or given out the specs so
someone else could do it) but they didn't, and so I can't use that
one either.
It's a wonder how many blind friendly devices won't allow you to do
what you want to do with them.  Why would I buy a unit I can't do
what I want to do with it? I thought that's the whole point of buying
a unit.
On Mar 29, 2006, at 3:46 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:

> No pricing information yet, though I believe it's going to be very
> competitive with existing devices.
>
> hank smith writes:
>> wonder what the price tag is on this one?

>>> player. When docked a full size keyboard facilitates word processing
>>> tasks. The hand-held device includes WiFi, GSM telephone, GPS, and