Problem getting loaded up with fedora core 5!

Lists lists at paultraynor.com
Wed Jun 21 08:41:47 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Any help with the below would be great.
I added an entry into my "stab file" while in root. It was to activate a usb
floppy drive. Now I can no longer boot up normally into linux but am told I
have a file system error and I can hear  the usb floppy drive being
activated. I think fedora is looking for a linux file system on a floppy
disk. It is giving me choices to do a repair of the file system or just
reboot which only brings me back round to the same situation again. I really
need to edit the stab file but can't get access to it even though I am in a
kind of root terminal. Good old speakup is still up and running however so
at least I have speech to do what I need.However I only have read only
permissions on anything in this area so can't do much in the way of changing
anything.

Here is the line I entered in the stab file:
/dev/sda    /mnt/usbfd       auto            noauto,user 0   0

I know I goofed on this one,*smiles*.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul.