vscan script

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jul 21 05:02:27 EDT 2006

What follows is my clamscan script and it doesn't do mail scans since
clamscan has a very bad feature with respect to mail files.  The first
virus found, the whole mail file gets quarrantined not just the message or
messages with the malware in them.  I have a crontab line that runs this
one twice daily too.
Cut here:

#!/bin/sh
# file: vscan; uses clamscan to scan system for malware
# needs .vscan directory in home directory for infected files.
# does not scan mail files.
clamscan -i --move=/home/jude/.vscan --no-mail -l /home/jude/vscan.log -r /
Cut here.