Applying speakup 2.0 patch on debian kernel 2.6.16 failed

Dart Vader ak47.ataka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 10:31:39 EDT 2006

Hi.

Can't apply speakup patch on a debian kernal. I do:

$ cd /usr/src/linux
$ make mrproper
$ cd /usr/src/speakup-2.0/
$ ./install
Patching version v26
Creating .orig files [...............] done.
Patching files [pp1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file arch/mips/Kconfig.rej
p1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file arch/sparc64/Kconfig.rej
p1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file arch/sparc/Kconfig.rej
pppp9 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/char/vt.c.rej
pp1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/Makefile.rej
ppppp] done.
Copying files [ccccc] done.
$

I use the following debian kernal:
Linux version 2.6.16-2-k7 (Debian 2.6.16-15) (waldi at debian.org) (gcc version 4.0.4 20060507 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.3-3)) #1 Wed Jun 21 18:43:32 UTC 2006

I use a downloaded from speakup website tarball of speakup source:
speakup-2.0.tar.gz

What I did wrong? Where can I get docs to solve my problem?
Tell me if I should provide to you more information about my system.

---
Roman
out