still having trouble with software synthesizer on Grml

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Mon Jan 30 02:07:59 EST 2006

Hi,
I do not know grml, but I see two things wrong here.
It must be echo sftsyn > /proc/speakup/synth_name.
In the message below you have sftsynth and not sftsyn you also have left
out the greater than
sign before /proc/speakup/synth_name.
For software speech to work, you must first have speech-dispatcher
running,  then the echo above and/or a modprobe for the soft synth module
and then speechd_up.
HTH
Willem