still having trouble with software synthesizer on Grml

Scott Berry electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Sun Jan 29 21:44:19 EST 2006

Hello list,

I am still having trouble with Speakup.  I tried this:

echo sftsynth /proc/speakup/synth_name
and then I typed:
speechd-up
as it said to do in the grml cheat codes.

I also added the append line:
append="grml-from-hd swspeak" to my lilo.conf file.  But when I echo I
get nothing but every time I do soundtest I get the sound test noise
and it says:  "Your sound works" which is correct.  Also looks like
/dev/softsynth is there also so not sure what procedure to do next for
this operation on my Toshiba?  Can anyone throw some ideas out?

--
Scott Berry
electronicman1961 at myfreedombox.com
Check out my lazy web doodle at:
http://www.myfreedombox.com/users/electronicman1961/

Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info