Resolved issue with Speakup and Gentoo-Sources kernel...

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Fri Dec 29 15:40:20 EST 2006

Keith Hinton píše v Pá 29. 12. 2006 v 10:39 -0700:
> Kirk: Finally managed to track down my issue.
> I looked at the characters table in speakup. It had no names, only simbols.

I do not understand what do you mean exactly and what is the problem
you are trying to solve, but if you do not like speechd-up to
rewrite Speakup tables (which allows internationalization and
better handling of punctuation modes with the synthesizer), you
need to run speechd-up with the -t or --dont-init-tables option.

Please see speechd-up documentation for more details.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke