IRS "accessibility"

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Dec 29 14:04:42 EST 2006

the Irs is now providing "accessible" braille and text files, not to be
submitted but for
reference only. but look how they've done it? a winzip file with .txt and
.brf files contained in it and a .exe extension.
Apparently they can be opened on the mac using stuffit expander, revealing
the directory with the files. but I'm wondering: can linux users access
them? at any rate, it seems to me it wouldn't have been hard to do a truly
accessible downloadable file format.

the relevant url from the message I saw on another list is below my
signature.

--
Cheryl

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article/0,,id=131773,00.html